If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider joining AmeriCorps VISTA after graduating. With AmeriCorps VISTA, you have a chance to live and serve in the community and focus area of your choice. For a one year commitment, you will receive a modest living allowance, a $5,920 education award (to put towards education expenses like student loans), health and childcare coverage, and many more benefits.
Serve for 12 months. Build your resume. Earn money for college, and most importantly, you will be working alongside community leaders and local organizations to make a lasting impact in initiatives like:
- Ensuring all children have access to quality nutrition and education,
- Securing safe housing for homeless veterans and their families,
- Helping senior citizens keep their family homes in rapidly gentrifying neighborhoods,
- Enabling sovereign tribal nations to secure and promote their cultural heritage,
- And thousands more opportunities!
Learn more and Start Your Application
MHDAS of Logan & Champaign Counties is hiring AmeriCorps VISTA members now for a full-time, one-year position to begin in July, 2018.
- Visit Americorps.gov/VISTA to learn about the program, benefits, and how to apply!
- See the full list of AmeriCorps VISTA benefits here.