PAX Tools strategies during COVID-19 response:
For many of us, this week has brought new realities and challenges. Maybe we're trying to work from home, care for our children, and/or navigating how to facilitate their learning all at the same time. Make time today to discuss and co-create expectations for this new setting.
Shared Vision is a discussion-based sharing of expectations for an environment or upcoming activity. While creating a Shared Vision, you and your children list the things they want to se MORE and LESS of.
Your Shared Vision for the coming weeks may include things like:
- See MORE: Kids working on assignments, smiles, and sharing while playing
- Hear MORE: "Thank you", "Please", asking for help
- Feel MORE: Happy, calm, engages
- Do MORE: Play, laughter, work, reading, talking to each other
- See LESS: Messy bedroom, grumpy faces, school work unfinished
- Hear LESS: Arguing, yelling, name-calling
- Feel LESS: Board, Fear
- Do LESS: Fighting, making messes, not completing assignments
Think about what a Shared Vision could look like for your family. How could talking about things, especially expectations help each of you be more successful in the next coming weeks. Check out this short video on Shared Vision here:
Check back in the coming weeks for more helpful tips from PAX Tools!
Questions? Post them here or send us a message!
Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol Services Board of Logan & Champaign Counties
1521 N. Detroit St. (P.O. Box 765)
West Liberty, Ohio 43357